Home > Sustainability

At Laken, we are continuously working to institute and refine practices to minimize our environmental footprint through solid waste reduction, recycling, and energy and water conservation. All of our bottles are 100% recyclable. We hope that you will join us in our pledge to the environment by replacing your disposable plastic drinking bottles with Laken bottles.


According to the Container Recycling Institute, only about 14% of all disposable water bottles are recycled. The few bottles that do make it to the recycling center become ‘down-cycled’ into a lower form of plastic and very seldom are remade into other plastic bottles. As for the other 86%, Americans add 30 million PET water bottles to landfills every day!


In addition to saving our environment from hundreds of plastic bottles, switching to reusable Laken bottles means you are joining the growing numbers of people who care, because Lakens are 100% recyclable.


Recycled packaging

At Laken, we want our packaging to have the lowest possible impact on the world around us. We aim for four main sustainability characteristics in our packaging:

To use 100% recycled or 100% renewable material in our packaging

To use the least possible amount of material per pack

To use materials with a low carbon footprint

To use materials for which there is a widely available sustainable waste management option

Environmental management system - Laken’s factory in Spain is ISO 14001:2004 certified, thus guaranteeing that environmental impact is being measured and improved, including:

    • Reduced cost of waste management

    • Savings in consumption of energy and materials

    • Lower distribution costs